This week, as some towns and cities across the county have gone all out to prep themselves for Halloween, others have been major party poopers, imposing age limitations on trick-or-treating or even going as far as banning the very mention of Halloween in public school. Elsewhere, there's talk of moving Halloween from Sunday to Saturday because of, well, you know. There has also been a rather stunning side of the holiday that has revealed itself. But it is a holiday, folks, and holidays, whatever they be, tend to bring out the absurd side of decorating. We're feting said absurdity in the photogallery above. And yes, a photo of Martha lurks somewhere in the bunch.
· Shhh......Public School Have Censored Halloween [Examiner Utica]
· Cities Ban Trick-or-Treating: Some Have Halloween Age Limits Around 12 [The National Ledger]
· Is Halloween Saturday or Sunday? [Standard-Examiner]
· Sixteen Unbelievably Beautiful Photos of Haunted Spaces [Curbed National]
· All Halloween decor coverage [Curbed National]