Celebrities! They're just like us, except they're better looking, richer, and can get away with bestowing weird, perhaps inappropriate, names unto their pets and children. Along that vein, a great many of them tend to dwell in mansions known not by their normal, numbered, plebeian street addresses but rather by grandiose titles full of grandness, grandeur, and the occasional foreign word that recalls strip-mall Italian restaurants. Many of them were named by their original owners, but no matter—the celebrity presence roaming their hallowed hallways lives on. A heartfelt thanks to our friends at The Real Estalker for allowing us to obsessively browse their archives to dig up a by-no-means-complete list of the absurdly named estates where famous people live (or have lived in years past). The full roster, with its myriad ivory towers, follows the jump.
· Actor Ryan Seacrest: Casa di Pace in Los Angeles
· Filmmaker/director Joe Pytka: Castillo del Lago in the Hollywood Hills
· Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen: The Enchanted Hill in L.A.
· Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates: The Ecology House in Medina, Wash.
· Dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov: Red Barn in Snedens Landing, N.Y.
· Actress Nicole Kidman: Bunya Hill, near Sydney, Australia
· Suzanne Saperstein, ex-wife of Metro Networks founder David: Fleur de Lys in Beverly Hills
· Celebrity developer Donald Trump: Maison de L’Amitie in Palm Beach, Fla.
· Interior designer John Saladino: Whispering Oaks in Montecito, Calif.
· Candy Spelling, producer Aaron's widow: The Manor in L.A.
· Actor Eddie Murphy: Bubble Hill in Englewood, N.J.
· Financier Leonard Ross: The Beverly House Compound in Beverly Hills
· Tyler Perry: Avec Chateau in Fairburn, Ga., and Dean Gardens in Johns Creek, Ga.
· Media empiress Oprah: The Promised Land in Montecito, Calif.
· Actor George Clooney: Villa Oleandra in Laglio, Italy
· Actress Jennifer Aniston, Ohana ("extended family" in Hawaiian) in Beverly Hills
· Renco Group founder Ira Rennert: Fairfield in Sagaponack, N.Y.
· Billionaire Jeremy Perenchio, Chartwell in Bel Air, Calif.
· Artist Julian Schnabel: Palazzo Chupi in NYC
· Singer Kenny Rogers, The Knoll in Beverly Hills
· George Lindemann Jr., son of CEO of Southern Union Company: La Tranquilla on Sunset Island, Miami Beach
· The Real Estalker [official site]