We've seen her shop for home furnishings without pants and we've imagined what her bedroom would look if she did, in fact, move into one of the apartments she's been browsing in NYC; now, it seems pop megastar Lady Gaga has set her sights on a far more far-flung place to call home. A tipster has alerted The Real Estalker that Gaga has signed contracts to buy Scotland's famed Yester House, located some 20 miles from Edinburgh. While there has been no record of any official sale yet, here's the scoop: the 18th-century estate was most recently listed for some $12.9M (for 285 of 600 acres) and features 34,585 square feet of interior space, 60-plus rooms, 35-plus fireplaces, three kitchens, a 1,300-square-foot ballroom, and a gun room. Yester House was described in the December 2008 issue of Architectural Digest as such: "One of the charms of Yester is the variety of decoration in the rooms, achieved without sacrificing the harmony of the whole." Aggrandizement Gaga would be proud of.
Photos by Derry Moore
· Is Lady Gaga Headed for the Scotish Countryside? [The Real Estalker]
· What Gaga's Bootylicious Bedroom Should Look Like [Curbed National]
· Lady Gaga Shops for Furnishings Sans Pants at ABC Carpet [Curbed National]
· Celebs a Go-Go [Curbed National]
· Scotland's Yester House [Arch Digest]