Shopping for furnishings sans pants one year, looking to buy some very mature real estate the next: oh, how Lady Gaga has grown. The pop mega-star, whose primary home is a rental in Bel Air, Calif., has been seen touring a $1.7M manor-style house in Amish Country, Pa., of all places—her boyfriend, Taylor Kinney, grew up there and his parents own the place next door. The place, totaling 6,000 square feet, was built in 2006 and has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a formal dining room, two kitchens, and buttoned-up interior details such as crown moldings, wood banisters, built-ins, and marble floors—not exactly what you'd expect to be appealing to someone who just crafted a room out of hair for the Barneys New York holiday windows. That said, The Lady G was eyeing a grand 18th-century Scottish estate at one point last year—ballroom, gun room, and 35-plus fireplaces included—so perhaps she's really a traditionalist at heart. Regardless, the property in Lititz, Pa.—home to Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery, the oldest commercial pretzel bakery in the country—proves one thing: she's certainly come a long way since that $1,100-a-month NYC rental.
· Lady Gaga's Former NYC Apartment Now Available For Rent [Curbed National]
· Lady Gaga Creates a Room Out of Hair For Barneys New York [Curbed National]
· May We Remind You That Lady Gaga is a 24-Year-Old Renter? [Curbed National]
· Rumor Mongering: Lady Gaga Eyeing Palatial Scottish Estate [Curbed National]
· EXCLUSIVE: Lady Gaga considering making Lancaster County her home? [WHPTV via Radar]
· 30 Oak Hill Dr., Lilitz, Pa. [Realtor.com]