Elle Decor's first-ever NYC showhouse, called Modern Life Concept House, opens to the public May 20 in +aRT, a brand-new condo building in Chelsea. The magazine's doing something a bit different than most showhouses—it's pairing 10 designers (a handful of this year's and last year's A-List "Designers to Watch,") with a bunch of contemporary brands to create what editor in chief Michael Boodro calls the "house of tomorrow.” Well, you say "house of tomorrow" and we say, "how high?" Yep, Curbed will be touring and photographing the showhouse in May with a super-duper top-secret tour guide. Stay tuned.
· Rafael de Cardenás of Architecture At Large for Extremis
· Aurelién Gallet for Flou
· Beth Martin for Calligaris
· Todd Nickey and Amy Kehoe of Nickey Kehoe for Restoration Hardware
· Sara Story for The New Traditionalists.
· Jesse Carrier of Carrier and Company, designing on behalf of Room & Board
· Oliver M. Furth for USM Modular Furniture
· Grant K. Gibson and Katie Lydon for Bosch
· Marie Turner of M. Elle Design for LEMA.