Time spent on house arrest in Hampton, Va., was arguably placating for Michael Vick, but how's this for the ultimate in karma? Courtesy of our cousins over at Curbed DC: the Surry, Va., house where the NFL superstar ran his illegal dog-fighting ring may be turned into a new center for an organization aptly called Dogs Deserve Better. The group is planning to put $176,507 toward the down payment of the $595K house, which first hit the market for $757K in '08. The plan? Renovate the 4,600-square-foot house into a $2.5M facility named Good Newz Rehab Center for Chained and Penned Dogs as a spin on Bad Newz Kennels, the name of Vick's old operation. (Is it really necessary to keep that "z," guys?) Anyway, Dogs Deserve Better is accepting donations to make the down payment magic happen in full.
· Houses of the House Arrested: Assange, Martha, Vick, More! [Curbed National]
· Animal Rights Group to Purchase Michael Vick's Va House [Curbed DC]
· Animal rights group buying former Vick house [Virginia Pilot]
· 1915 Moonlight Rd [Zillow]
· DDB Center [Dogs Deserve Better]