Somewhere out there, Frank Gargione (columnist on our sister site Racked National) is silently preparing to stick pins into dolls that look like us because, much to his shock, here's another post about the ever-expanding empire that is Missoni. Adding to really adorable Havaianas flip-flops and a really sweet-looking line for Target is Hotel Missoni in Kuwait, the second of five to open worldwide. What does this mean? Here's the math: 63 suites over 18 floors, plus the Cucina Missoni restaurant, plus the Choco Cafe chocolate and coffee bar, plus boardrooms, meeting rooms, and a ballroom, all designed by Missoni co-founder Rosita Missoni and swathed in an astoundingly unquantifiable number of Missoni fabrics, bed and bath linens, and tabletop items, not to mention pieces from Bertoia, Eames, and more. Have a look at the gallery above; is it just us or does this place look like a Magic Eye stereogram?
· Deep Thoughts: Pondering the Why Behind All This Missoni Crap [Racked National]
· Missoni for Target Patio Furniture [Curbed National]
· Missoni for Target Flip-Flops and Espadrilles Coming This May [Racked National]
· Hotel Missoni Opens in Kuwait [Luxuo via Racked National]
· Hotel Missoni Kuwait [official site]