Lots of unconfirmed rumors have been coming out of L.A. real estate circles since it was announced that Candy Spelling's long-listed mansion had sold. According to TMZ, Candy Spelling agreed to sell her L.A. megamanse for $85M, a whopping 43% off the steadfast $150M asking price. Other sources—despite reports that 22-year-old auto racing heiress Petra Ecclestone is the buyer—have the purchaser as an anonymous billionaire who would put the $4B Ecclestone fortune to shame. Is Petra playing front for a family friend? Her father Bernie and billionaire real estate snob Lakshmi Mittal—who controls a $28.7B fortune—are known to be friends, but Mittal wasn't too shy about paying exorbitant sums for his homes in the past. Perhaps the most outrageous was Mittal's purchase of a house on Kensington Palace Gardens in London for $128.25M. The seller? Mr. Bernie Ecclestone. Coincidence?
· Spelling Mansion -- The Price Is Right at $85 Mil [TMZ]
· Update Candy Spelling [The Real Estalker]
· How the World's Fifth and 50th Richest People Design Houses [Curbed National]
· The world's most expensive house [Rediff]
· Spelling's $150M Megamansion Finds Appropriately Absurd Buyer [Curbed National]