The September issue of Elle Decor (on newsstands August 16) tips the cowboy hat to Gwyneth Paltrow, actress, singer, healthy-lifestyle champion, decorator/renovator, and source of continual cookbook fascination for our cousins over at Eater National. Here are the highlights of the Elle Decor piece:
· There's chance she'll design furniture and home accessories one day. “That’s kind of the dream,” she said. “Maybe when the kids are older.”
· When Gwyn and husband Chris Martin redid their London home, they added a rumpus room for the kids and "a skull-and-crossbones motif on the library’s mantel."
· She's a fan of single-variety floral arrangements. (The question remains whether she likes them as much as flowering zucchini plants.)
· She favors "Juxtaposed: Religion," a widely publicized floating shelf by San Francisco-based design firm Mike and Maaike. The wood block comes with a bunch of religious texts that fit into pre-assigned grooves: "Built-in slots hold holy books—including the Qur’an, Bible, and Tao Te Ching—all at the same level (which is how I like to think about religion)."
· An Antonio Lupi Baia Tub sits in the middle of her bedroom; it's "perfect for a relaxing wind-down and for bathing the kids."
· Shortlist: Gwyneth Paltrow [Elle Decor]
· Actress/Crooner Gwyneth Paltrow Plays Decorator and Renovator [Curbed National]
· The Best Lines From Gwyneth Paltrow's Cookbook [Eater National]
· Antonio Lupi Baia Tub [Elle Decor]
· Juxtaposed: Religion Shelf [Elle Decor]