Radio personality Casey Kasem was the wonderfully consistent voice behind the American Top 40 countdown for almost four decades, but has been relatively silent since. Now his name is sure to hit the real estate gossip headlines, as, according to The Real Estalker, Kasem has just quietly listed his Holmby Hills estate for a whopping $42M. In the spirit of Kasem's countdowns, we've picked out the top four craziest facts about the mega-listing.
4) The Kasems love their bathrooms! The 12,000-square-foot mansion boasts seven bedrooms and a WTF-inducing 17 bathrooms. That means the radio legend and his former soap star wife could each use a different bathroom each day of the week and still have leftovers for guests.
3) Despite Kasem's investing prowess, the Holmby Hills estate is the only blue chip property in the family portfolio, which includes a desert acreage in ho-hum Lancaster, Calif. and a petite apartment in Richard Neutra's bastardized Holiday House in Malibu.
2) This is actually one of the cheaper homes in the neighborhood, as the Kasems neighbors had their 1938 Hollywood Regency mansion shopped around for $65M last year.
1) In 1989, Kasem and his wife spent just $1.725M for the 2.39-acre estate in what is now one of America's most expensive neighborhoods. If it sells at ask, he'll have made more than $40M on this single property investment.
· Casey Kasem Quietly Lists L.A. Estate [The Real Estalker]
· Your Mama Hears... [The Real Estalker]