We don't want to start rumors, but it seems as though the PriceChopper and this wacky Wellfleet Contemporary have a thing going on. Last Thursday, we put together a round-up of some of the chopper's greatest hits of the week and included this very, very 1975 Outer Cape abode as the place had recently been sliced a fifth time. Alas, the two can't get seem to get enough of one another and this week the chopper returned for a sixth visit. The Brown's Neck Road listing debuted on the market in April for $499,900 and is now asking $359,900.
Just a few weeks ago, this was the most expensive listing in the town of Sandwich. This week, the bank-owned digs got a new broker and a serious, as in $600K, pricechop. The 9.66 acre ocean view spread features a 5,381 square foot house, a guest suite over the three-car garage and a "fully equipped barn with multiple stalls framed by gleaming white-fenced riding rings." First listed in June for $2,975,000, three chops have brought the ask down to $1,900,000.
· Listing:160 Brown's Neck Road, Wellfleet [Trulia]
· Listing: 405 Commercial Street, 3B, Provincetown [Trulia]
· Listing: 18 Torrey Road, Sandwich [Sotheby's International Realty via Zillow]
· Wacky, Chappy & Treehouse-Inspired PriceChops [Curbed Cape Cod]
· The Cape & Islands' Most Expensive Listings, Nov. '13 [Curbed Cape Cod]