The second annual Curbed Cup kicks off over the bridge this week. Eight enclaves are vying for the very prestigious faux trophy and bragging rights as the Cape and Islands' Best Neighborhood of the Year. We're including towns and villages in our Cape & Islands definition of a neighborhood, rounding up, if you will. That said, we'll have one match-up per day, with polls staying open for 24 hours. Let the eliminations commence!
We kicked off Curbed Cup voting with three Cape Cod vs. island battles in which Aquinnah, Provincetown and Nantucket took top slots. In the final heat of Round 1, it's all Cape Cod. Defending champ Wellfleet was a mid-century lover's dream this year with architecturally awesome rentals, a successful Kickstarter campaign to save the Weidlinger House and the return of Olav Hammarstrom's Saarinen House. In Chatham, the historic Orpheum Theater reopened and the town became home to both the most expensive and second priciest listings on Cape Cod. So Curbed readers, home decor aside, which town should advance? Submit your click for the locale you think deserves to move on to the next round, toward 'hood of the year bragging rights and the faux trophy.
· The Curbed Cup Neighborhood of the Year: Wellfleet! [Curbed Cape Cod]
· 10 Architecturally Awesome Rentals on the Cape & Islands [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Olav Hammarstrom's Saarinen House Returns Seeking $1.2M [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Weidlinger House Restoration Needs Funding Now [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Our Chatham Orpheum Theater Archive [Curbed Cape Cod]
· It's Official: The 'Chatham Jewel' is Cape Cod's Priciest Listing [Curbed Cape Cod]
· $18 Million Chatham Estate Comes With Its Own Chapel [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Seacoast of Bohemia [Curbed Cape Cod]