Right now on Reddit, the so-called front page of the internet, there's an awesome conversation happening about the following question: "If money wasn't an issue, what would you make sure to have in your dream house?" (And no, not the Barbie kind.) Here now, 23 of the most genius plans Redditors came up with:
1. A painting in the hallway with the eyes cut out so I can hide behind them like in Scooby Doo.
2. The library from Beauty and the Beast, complete with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, enormous windows, a gigantic fireplace and overstuffed chairs.
3. A motherfucking courtyard. In other words, I'd want the house built around the exterior of a lawn. That way I could go outside, in my own house, and be as crazy or naked as I wanted. Which is often pretty crazy and pretty naked.
4. A door that opens to a brick wall. I've always wanted that for no reason.
5. A multi-story house, with indoor balconies on each level in the center. Then on the bottom level, there would be a deep pool so that from every level of the house you could jump down into it.
6. Drinking fountain system that dispenses Hawaiian Punch, Mr. Deeds style.
7. A full Roman bath house. Because I am fucking serious about bath time.
8. A moat. With crocodiles. And lasers on their heads. Bred with sharks. With poisonous gas.
9. In my kitchen would be a sandwich bar akin to what Subway has.
10. A room with a live elephant -- that way we always have something to talk about.
11. If you don't have a revolving bookcase that opens into a secret room then you're spending your money wrong.
12. I've always wanted a bed-room. Not to be confused with a bedroom, a bed-room is a room made entirely out of bed.
13. A Tim Hortons. Damn I love donuts.
14. A giant Lego room with a nice viewing window, but locks on the doors just to be sure. I'd go out and buy a TON of the Lego City build pieces, get a bunch of friends together, and just build ourselves a huge ass Lego town in my house.
15. My own private casino, with blackjack and hookers!
16. A belgian waffle maker that imprints a picture of my face in the center.
17. The entire ceiling, and possibly floor, would be an amazing aquarium. Nothing is more relaxing than laying in bed while a five foot shark passes over you with a school of majestic fish following.
18. A full body blow dryer next to my shower.
19. I want a tea garden in the middle of my house with a ventilation that pumps the minty tea smell faintly throughout the entire house. It would always smell amazing.
20. Disneyland. I would have Disneyland in my dream house. The genuine article.
21. A spiral slide, and not a straight one. spiral > straight. OMG, the spiral slide could morph into a spiral staircase and back again. so if someone is climbing the spiral staircase, and you dont want them to come up, it turns into the slide, and they cant get up!
22. Underground Lair, not sure if I want to be a super villain or hero but both require a lair.
23. Fuck everything else, I would get the most comfortable fucking bed imaginable and cover it in puffy blankets and pillows. When I lie down on my fantasy bed, I want to feel like I am drowning in comfort. Okay, maybe I'd also get a ball pit.