Robb Report magazine, the self-professed "international authority" on all things over-the-top luxurious and expensive, has just launched Home & Style, a bimonthly title that "bring[s] to life the most sought-after destinations for those looking to own luxury vacation homes," according to the release. Saturated with opulent interiors—Italian marble bathtubs, fireplaces carved from giant blocks of limestone, and zebrawood, well, everywhere—Home & Style boasts editorial copy dripping with ebullient language, not to mention the kind of name-dropping most people only expect from society types. Here now, the 17 ooziest sentences in the pages of the inaugural issue—hope everybody's brushed up on their French:
1. "Fast-baked Neapolitan-style pizza is the raison d'être of the stainless-steel, gas-fired Artisan Fire Pizza Oven."
2. "After 20 years under the Opéra National de Paris's glaring stage lights, [Nathalie] Pasqua found even candlelight to be too harsh."
3. "Reconstituted limestone and a bronze 'stem' form the 29-inch-tall cherry objet d'art, which has a base of weathered hemlock."
4. "The stairs' solid red oak planks jut into the stairwell, creating a vortex into which tumble the figures of Bénédicte Blanc-Fontenille's Suspension sculpture."
5. "The egg-shaped island of zebrawood and polished black granite features a concrete-colored table of Corian, as well as a pop-up TV embedded in the work surface."
6. "The stools add wit and a hint of the unexpected to the stylish hangout; their hard metal edges juxtapose texturally with the custom alpaca rug's supple fur and the buttery leather of a sofa from Luminaire."
7. "The condominiums sit adjacent to the Assay Hill lift at Snowmass—the Aspen area's biggest and best ski resort for families—within the Viceroy hotel, which offers ski-valet services and includes a Kelly Wearstler-designed pool terrace and a 7,000-square-foot spa by Gathy."
8. "The ceramic-and-bronze Leaf table's weathered appearance is a result of a technique called craquelure."
9. "Zaha Hadid's white lacquer vase-cum-sculpture Flow stands not far from one of the holes."
10. "Set at the base of Aspen Mountain, within steps of the Silver Queen gondola—the town's lively apreès-ski scene—the Residences at Little Nell claim one of the only ski-in/ski-out locations in Apsen proper."
11. "Details such as freijo wood paneling and a massive churrasco grill pay homage to its Rio roots."
12. "'In Myanmar and Laos I recently threw out clothes to make room for the hand-carved elephants I wanted to bring back safely.'"
13. "The space's bar, locavore brasserie, screening room, and nap-friendly sleep pods set the tone for a relaxing flight in the new Upper Class cabins on Virgin's A330-300 aircraft."
14. "The decking is Resysta, a recyclable, German-engineered material made of rice husks, salt, and mineral oil."
15. "A home need not be large for Behnke to take it under her wing, though most of her projects tend to measure in the 20,000-square-foot range."
16. "Sofas and chairs by Flexform anchor the space, which features White Lady, a Lego sculpture by Nathan Sawaya."
17. "On a lower deck, the architect concealed lighting beneath the Kettal daybed and sectional seating, under the gray quartzite pavers, and within the vertical beams' grooves so that light would be glowing rather than glaring."
· Home & Design [Robb Report]