There's something about hotel spaces—the melding of the personal and commercial, perhaps—that makes them particularly interesting canvases for interior designers, particularly those whose aesthetic is distinct and well-known. Exhibit A: the hotel work of high-end celebrity designer (and "delicious" headlining personality of Million Dollar Decorators,) Martyn Lawrence Bullard.
For the Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs, Calif. (above), Bullard brings in his jewel-box color palette and penchant for ethnic-inspired pattern, though, still, it's toned down in a way that's more, well, universally digestible. The same is true for Kelly Wearstler's ebullient maximalism and even Philippe Starck's fluid je ne sais quoi. Have a look, above.
· All Hotels Week 2013 [Curbed National]
· All Martyn Lawrence Bullard coverage [Curbed National]
· All Kelly Wearstler coverage [Curbed National]
· All Philippe Starck coverage [Curbed National]
· All Michael S. Smith coverage [Curbed National]
· Colony Palms Hotel [official site]
· Avalon in Beverly Hills [official site]
· Tides South Beach [official site]
· Clift Hotel [official site]
· SLS Miami [official site]
· Viceroy Miami [official site]
· The Lowell [official site]