Billionaire Bill Koch, brother to conservative activists Charles and David Koch, has listed his oceanfront Osterville compound for $15,000,000. The "Yachtsman's Paradise on Nantucket Sound" is located on the tony private island of Oyster Harbors, home to many of Cape Cod's most expensive properties. The 1.58 acre listing features an 8,653 square foot nine bedroom, 12 bath residence built in 1929, gunite pool, guest quarters, a private sandy beach, and a deep water dock.
So why's Koch selling his picture perfect oceanfront compound? He upgraded back in December 2012, paying philanthropist Bunny Mellon $19,500,000 for a much larger Oyster Harbors waterfront estate. In addition to the new 26-acre spread, Koch owns the 6,400 acre Bear Ranch in Paonia, Colorado (where he's recreating a 50-building Old West town), a 90-acre compound in Aspen, and a 35,000 square foot home in Palm Beach.
· Listing: 177 Seapuit River Road, Osterville [Robert Paul Properties]
· Here Now, the Cape & Islands 20 Most Expensive Listings [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Bill Koch lists Osterville mansion for sale at $15 million [BBJ]
· Bunny Mellon's $19.5M Sale [Curbed Cape Cod]
· Bill Koch Recreating 50-Building Old West Town on His Co Ranch [Curbed Ski]