Yesterday Taylor Swift, lover of numbers that directly relate to her birthday, dropped her fifth studio album, 1989. Ten days ago, 356 people were beckoned to her New York apartment, Nashville home, Rhode Island manse, L.A. cottage, and some rented place in London to eat coconut chocolate chip cookies, have a dance party, compliment Taylor on her crop top selection, and, the part of this list that is definitely true, listen to the new album. The video (found here), also gives the world a peek inside her houses to see what the pop princess factually owns. A fridge? Yeah, she has one. Books? For sure. A jacuzzi? Nah, Tay doesn't mess with that.
Inspired, Curbed set out to list all the things to be seen inside Swift's (current and former) houses. Her decor style? A mixture of miniature sailboats, black and white photography of flowers, actual flowers, and really nice appliances.
27. Her fans, many of whom probably hid from security behind some curtains and are still there sniffing pillows.
26. Wooden birdcages. (Nashville Apartment)
25. An uneven B-shaped pool. (↑ Rhode Island)
24. "A topiary rabbit, as tall as an NBA shooting guard." (Nashville Apartment)
23. An entire seawall that was built to replace a previous sea wall that the entire internet collectively freaked out about. However Taylor was there to tell us to chill about it. She told Rolling Stone, "The other wall had all this graffiti on it—it looked old, and not in a good way. But it was a problem, so I fixed it. Nothing has changed about anyone's beach experience, except that now my house won't fall on them. So, you know. Sorry not sorry." (Rhode Island)
22. A room for BFF Karlie Kloss, which, according to Rolling Stone, includes "a basket of Kloss's favorite Whole Foods treats next to the bed, and multiple photos of her on the walls." (New York)
21. An entrance gate guarded by two twin lions. (↑ Nashville)
20. Reflective mottled walls. (↓ Nashville)
19. A pool table "that always has cat hair on it." (New York)
18. A "fish tank filled with vintage baseballs." (New York)
17. What is obviously the hallway of a spa. (↑ Nashville)
16. Many staircases ready-made for prom photos.
15. An entire rock wall pristinely preserved under the facade of a McMansion. (↑ Nashville)
14. A marble bench tucked away in all marble shower that is tucked away in a marble room. (Nashville)
13. A chalkboard, on which Taylor has scrawled, "I'm a slave to my emotions, to my likes, to my hatred of boredom, to most of my desires" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, which proves that she completed her 8th grade reading list. (↑ Nashville)
12. Supremely large scented candles. (New York)
11. A sneaky window. (↑ Nashville)
10. A rack full of white nightgowns. "This is a thing me and Lena have," Swift told Rolling Stone. "We wear them during the day and look like pioneer women, fresh off the Oregon Trail." (New York)
9. A bedroom ceiling that is "painted like the night sky" or at least that's how her friend Hayden Panettiere phrased it. (Nashville Apartment)
8. Eight fireplaces in one house alone. (Rhode Island)
7. A chandelier in the bathroom.(↑ Nashville)
6. Walls with gold polka dots. (↓ Nashville)
5. The brass telescope she keeps in her golden "human-sized birdcage observatory." (Nashville Apartment)
4. A moat that surrounds her staircase: ''You step on a stepping stone in the pond in order to get on a spiral staircase," she's said. The moral of the story is that getting drunk at Taylor Swift's house a really bad idea.
3. A very Presidential façade.
2. A classic Romeo & Juliet balcony. (↓ Nashville)
1. What can only be described as an aquatic goddess altar. (↓ Nashville)
Field Notes From Taylor Swift's Predictably Quirky Tenn. Pad [Curbed National]
All Taylor Swift Coverage [Curbed National]
Pop Star Taylor Swift's Childhood Home Listed for $800K [Curbed National]
Serial Buyer Taylor Swift Eyes Storied Village, Soho Townhomes [Curbed NY]