The ski world saw a lot of big news in 2014- mergers and acquisitions, big snow, and plenty of blockbuster real estate deals- but what interested Curbed Ski readers the most? Here now, Curbed Ski's top 10 most read posts of the year.
10. Luxurious Mobile Cabins Are The Next Big Thing Out of Jackson
The tiny house movement shows no sign of slowing, and Curbed Ski readers loved these gorgeous prefab cabins out of Jackson Hole.
9. The 18 Best Hot Spots for Eating & Drinking in Vail, May '14
On-mountain activities are only half the fun on a ski vacation. Readers loved this post on where to eat and drink in Vail, and we've got plenty of other ski-town dining guides (think Aspen, Telluride, Jackson Hole, and Park City) to check out.
8. Hey Ski Bums, Here Are the 29 Best Dive Bars in Ski Country
Because skiing, shot skis, and dive bars will always go together.
7. Big Early-Season Snow Coming to Colorado Right Now
The headline says it all: it was October, snow was coming, people were stoked.
6. PCMR Threatens Catastrophe, Outlines Lift Dismantling
There was plenty of drama during the epic legal battle between Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker (just check out this list). But perhaps the most intense moment was when PCMR threatened to remove all of the lifts if evicted.
5. Camouflaged Boulder in the Swiss Alps Is Actually A Tiny Cabin
Because who doesn't love a boulder turned tiny house?
4. The Ten Ski Towns You Absolutely Must Visit This Winter
Curbed Ski spends all year in ski towns throughout North America, so when we do a list on the ten ski towns you should visit, people pay attention. From Park City to Telluride, our picks have awesome food, great skiing, and pedestrian-friendly downtowns.
3. European Ski Resort Decimated by Flood & Gigantic Rockslide
Never underestimate the power of mother nature.
2. Why the Death of the Ski Bum Will Ruin Ski Towns Everywhere
Rising housing costs and a shortage of lodging options are threatening the ski-bum way of life. We care about this problem, and judging by the comments, you do too.
1. Billionaire Koch Brother Asks $89 M For Aspen's Priciest Listing
The blockbuster of all blockbusters this year, in June billionaire Bill Koch listed his 15-bedroom, 24-bath "dream compound" for a mind-boggling $89.9 million. The post went viral, as did our post on the first interior photos of the house.