'Tis the season for HGTV to reveal their annual project house and sweepstakes. This year, the cable network selected to base their luxury home giveaway in Martha's Vineyard's Edgartown. Here are five things to know about HGTV Dream Home 2015:
· Located at 15 Crocker Drive, the 3BR, 3.5BA "Cape Cod-inspired" house was built by local contractor Tim McHugh and designed by Island architect Patrick Ahearn. Naturally, the backyard features a "doggy dream home," a replica of the the 3,200-sq.-ft. house that's just for Fido.
· The entry period for the sweepstakes begins December 29 and wraps up February 17. In addition to the home, the winner "also gets a yearlong membership to the Field Club, a 2015 red GMC Acadia Denali and $250,000." The show, filmed by Martha's Vineyard Productions, will premier on January 1 and meanwhile, you can tour the digs online.
· The design team sourced all of the artwork for the home locally.
· Other items sourced on Island include: Table settings from Juliska; furnishings from Tracker Home Decor in Edgartown; soap and bath salts from Rainy Day in Vineyard Haven; olive oil from LeRoux at Home; cookbooks from Morning Glory Farm; and even a couple of growlers of Bad Martha Beer.
· Per designer Linda Woodrum, the new owner(s) will be able to rest easy that everything is sparkling, "We don't sit on furniture. When a person wins this house, it's new." Alas, Jack Thomasson, the official house planner for the HGTV Dream Home, did admit that the dryer has been used "once or twice" to fluff towels for filming.
· HGTV Dream Home 2015 [HGTV]
· Welcome Home, HGTV Dream House Is Furnished Island Style [Vineyard Gazette]