It was a hell of a Nic Cage Day today across the Curbediverse, as we got to know Nicolas Cage, his movies, his tomb, his lizard, and his extensive and unfortunate real estate dealings. We'll never forget you, Nic Cage Day. Here's everything that happened:
Here at Curbed National, we debuted the epic Nic Cage 38 map of the most essential Nicolas Cage locations on earth, ran down his worst real estate errors, and saw a horrifying collection of Cage-themed home goods.
Curbed New Orleans liveblogged two increasingly emotional hours at Nic Cage's pyramid-shaped tomb.
Curbed San Francisco spent 36 totally fictional, but probably accurate hours with Cage in the Bay Area and went deep on his ill-fated Gothic Tudor mansion in the Russian Hill neighborhood.
Curbed Chicago rhapsodized about the unbelievable views from Cage's apartment in The Weather Man and got servicey, explaining you can walk his old pet lizard around on a leash in Lake Forest.
Curbed NY laughed and cried over Cage's super-weird and apparently unsellable condo in Manhattan's Olympic Tower.
Curbed Boston remembered that time Nic Cage played an MIT professor in Knowing.
Curbed LA mapped the thrilling locations from the Cage/Travolta team-up Face/Off.
Curbeds Philly, DC, Boston, and LA banded together to map the locations in Cage's Great American Opus, National Treasure.
And we got a special assist from our friends at Eater Vegas, who mapped Cage's favorite places to eat in the city.
- Adrian Kudler
· Mapping the 38 Most Essential Nicolas Cage Locations on Earth [Curbed]
· Five Weird, Wonderful Real Estate Follies of Nicolas Cage [Curbed]
· 20 Amazing and Terrible Nic Cage-Themed Home Goods [Curbed]
· Liveblogging Two Hours at Nic Cage's St. Louis #1 Tomb [Curbed Nola]
· 36 Perfect Hours in San Francisco with Nicolas Cage [Curbed SF]
· Inside the Gothic Tudor Mansion Once Owned by Nicolas Cage [Curbed SF]
· You Can Walk Nic Cage's Pet Lizard Around a Lake Forest Park [Curbed Chicago]
· An Ode to Nic Cage's West Loop Apartment in The Weather Man [Curbed Chicago]
· Mapping the LA Filming Locations of Nic Cage's Face/Off [Curbed LA]
· The Ultimate National Treasure Filming Map of America [Curbed Philly]
· Behold: 15 Places Nicolas Cage Likes To Dine in Las Vegas [Eater Vegas]