Further contributing to the surprising wealth of high-design pharmacies, dentist offices, orthodontic clinics, and other would-be mundane offices of the world, this shockingly cool optician's office in Laval, Canada is a study in black and white decor—created to look like a chic, futuristic boutique. Designed by Canadian studio La SHED Architecture, the so-called L'Aire Visuelle eye clinic offers a visual distinction between its all-white glasses showroom and noir examination area and offices—creating a stark split down the 3,056-square-foot space.
According to the architects responsible, the slightly awkward shape of the space previously caused the clinic to feel clustered and narrow. In their redesign, the brightly-lit sales area was moved to take over the whole front of the space, now surrounded by windows on three sides. On the ceiling, a dramatic panel futuristic black and white tiling pulls the whole space together. Dezeen has the full gallery, so take a good long look.
· La SHED Architecture separates eye clinic into light and dark zones [Dezeen]
· Buy Super-Chic Drugs in the Most Stylish Pharmacy on Earth [Curbed National]
· Brace For Minimalism in This All-White Orthodontic Clinic [Curbed National]
· Is This the World's Most Assertively Minimalist Dental Office? [Curbed National]
· All Office Spaces posts [Curbed National]