Pack those bags and get ready for a five-day trip through ski country's hotel scene—Curbed Ski's second annual Hotels Week begins right this second. We'll be going drinking at the best ski town hotel bars, taking a look at the most tweet-worthy free hotel perks (fresh cookies, anyone?), and finding mountain hotel rooms that won't break the bank. Plus, we will round-up the best ski hotels for pet-lovers, the hottest hot tubs, and the loveliest spa treatments at altitude. And of course, we'll update the Hotel 38 to answer the question "Where should I stay in North American ski towns?"
As always, we're open to your tips and suggestions. Do you have a hotel horror story? Is there a crazy amenity that we should know about? Please send your stories, tips, and photos to the tipline or leave a comment on the site.
This year, for the first time ever, Curbed's Hotels Week includes an Instagram contest worth $500 to sweeten the pot. Have an awesome hotel photo to share—perhaps one with spectacular interiors or architecture? (Exhibit A: the photo below.) The steps are as follows:
1. Follow @curbeddotcom on Instagram.
2. Instagram your hotel photo, and be sure to tag @curbeddotcom in the caption.
3. On Thurs., March 27, we'll re-gram our favorites (and publish them on Curbed National).
4. On Fri, March 28 at 4 p.m. EST, the photo with the most "likes" will be crowned as the winner, earning its photographer a $500 gift certificate to a hotel of their choice.
For those who have a not-so-beautiful experience at a hotel, we want to hear about those horror stories, too. Tweet using #hotelsweek—we'll be mining the hashtag for the best and brightest tales.
Away we go!
· All Hotels Week 2014 posts [Curbed National]