The "cabin-in-the-woods" motif has grown a bit tired, but we can't take our eyes off of this gorgeous 1,800-square-foot cabin in Montana's exclusive Yellowstone Club. With only one bedroom and a loft, this quaint abode near Big Sky is perfectly situated on a storybook pond and according to the glossy photos, even comes with a cowboy on horseback (note: this claim has not been verified). Let's take a tour, shall we?
Designed by Dan Joseph Architects, the cabin is the first of three buildings planned for the 22-acre property that features four ponds, waterfalls, and gorgeous views. The expansive deck, woodworking, and the western-rustic interiors all create a peaceful environment, and we don't even mind the over-the-top antler staircase. Perhaps its the just-right scale of the reasonably-sized cabin, which looks spacious and cozy at the same time. The owners also plan to use Mr. Joseph for a three-story, 9,000 square-foot primary residence, but we would prefer to stay in this cute little mountain oasis, thank you very much.
· Dan Joseph Architects [Official Site]
· Cozy Cabin on the Outside, Surprise Upgrades on the Inside [Curbed Ski]
· Mirrored 70-Year-Old Cabin is a Mirage in the California Desert [Curbed Ski]
· Ski-In/Ski-Out for $79 K With This Sneaky RV Log Cabin [Curbed Ski]
· 9 Times Antlers Took Over Ski Home Real Estate Listings [Curbed Ski]