For Airbnb's latest promotional competition, the lodging company has transformed a French cable car near the town of Courchevel into a luxurious apartment fit for four. Though it normally transports skiers to the top of the Sommet de la Saulire, the tram is now a one bedroom, two-bed apartment and the grand prize of Airbnb's "A Night at" campaign. Winners will be snowmobiled up the mountain, wined and dined on French ski classics like tartiflette, and will spend the night in the tram winched up to the highest point on the peak. Our only concern? Nothing in the listing notes how the normally chilly tram will be heated. Maybe bring a few extra blankets just in case.
· Now On Airbnb: An Alpine Cable Car That Dangles 9,000 Feet In The Air [Fast Co. Design]
· Night at 9,000ft in the air [Airbnb]
· Take a Look at the New Rotating Tram in the Swiss Alps [Curbed Ski]
· Tiny, Italian A-Frame is Free to Stay if You Climb 8,303 Feet [Curbed Ski]
· It's a Tree, It's a Wood Pile, No Wait, it's an Italian Super Hut! [Curbed Ski]
· The Countries with the Most Ski Areas on One Handy Map [Curbed Ski]
· Scout's Sarah Plaskitt Wants to Change the World of Ski Travel [Curbed Ski]