In yet another example of modern design showing up at slopeside locations, this Mammoth Lakes home just hit the market for $4.9 million. The six-bedroom, five-bath abode has plenty of dark wood and stainless steel along with clean, minimalist style — well, as minimalist as 6,840 square feet can be. It also comes with plenty of sleek amenities: a room for a dedicated home theater, a state-of-the-art integrated sound system, a bar with room for a pool table as well as a large great room and a gourmet kitchen. The master suite boasts its own infinity spa tub, separate steam shower and a jacuzzi on the deck. All of those could come in handy after a catching first tracks from the home's ski-in/ski-out access, which the listing says is the only such access in Mammoth Mountain's Canyon Lodge area. It also looks like it has an impressive amount of storage, which will be crucial if your crew has a lot of gear to house. While the exposed beams are clean-cut instead of rough-hewn in this contemporary ski chalet, we think it'll do just fine.
-By Michael Schrantz
· 506 John Muir Rd [Official Site]
· Take A Look at This Mammoth Mountain Trail Map From 1965 [Curbed Ski]
· Mammoth Mountain Acquires Big Bear Resorts for $38 Million [Curbed Ski]
· What Vail's Purchase of Park City Means for Skiers This Year [Curbed Ski]
· Which Ski Resort Has The Most Skiing in North America? [Curbed Ski]