On a mountaintop site poking out of the trees sits this 3,873-square-foot, barn-style home overlooking the White River valley listed for $399,000. The four-bedroom, four-bath house has a weathered wood exterior and red metal roof but parts from the barn inspiration for its shape, which is oriented to best take advantage of the site's natural vantage point. Stepping through the wood-paneled mud room (reminiscent of the inside of a sauna, which the actually does have) takes you into the wood-everything living space and a wall of windows. The deck just outside has views of practically all of Vermont. Post-and-beam construction opens up a couple second-story bedrooms that also face out to the mountains. The home's sunroom and hot tub have views, as well. If that wasn't enough, Killington is within driving distance as well as fishing and a host of other outdoor activities.
· Killington Pico Realty [Official listing]
· 543 Vulture Mountain Rd [Estately]
· It's Official: There Will Be a World Cup at Killington [Curbed Ski]
· Killington Farmhouse With Spa Luxuries Wants $1.7 Million [Curbed Ski]
· 1970s Vermont Compound Drops Below $1 Million [Curbed Ski]