Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is posed to have a big winter this year, celebrating its 50th anniversary with the ski area's first new lift and terrain expansion since 1997. The new detachable grip quad Teton Lift rises 1,722 feet, will take approximately 4 minutes, and can handle over 2,000 people per hour. Construction has been ongoing this summer, and a new video from JHMR shows what it took for crews to install 15 towers in July.
The new lift is slated to open on December 19.
· "We Don't Want to be Vail": Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Looks to Its 50th Ski Season [Curbed Ski]
· See How Jackson Hole Has Changed From 1969 to Today [Curbed Ski]
· These Are the Median Rents of Ski Country's Most Popular Towns [Curbed Ski]
· Ai Weiwei's Zodiac Heads Look Spectacular in Jackson Hole [Curbed Ski]
· Jackson Hole's Local Ski Hill To Get $9 Million in Upgrades [Curbed Ski]