There are so many things we love about Aspen, like the skiing, the food, and the amazing town. But an "info-tainment" website called RoadSnacks has shed light on a new title Aspen is probably not so proud to carry: Colorado's drunkest city.
Roadsnacks uses "data, analytics, and a sense of humor" to provide info on towns that "your real estate agent won't tell you." To discover which Colorado cities was the "drunkest", Roadsnacks used the following criteria:
· Number of bars and pubs per capita
· Number of wineries per capita
· Number of liquor stores per capita
· Each city's drunk related tweets within the last week
· Each city's divorce rate (Because studies have indicated that when one or both partners in a marriage are alcoholics, that couple is three times more likely to divorce.)
According to this criteria, Aspen does look pretty drunk. With a population of only 6,607 people and a high divorce rate of 18 percent, Aspen drinks a lot. The town was second in Colorado for bars per capita and liquor stores per capita. Of course, this is also why Aspen throws a hell of a good party, so we're not complaining. There's no place we'd rather après.
Who else topped Roadsnacks' list? Other mountainous towns like Salida, Durango, Estes Park, Carbondale, and Avon. Looks like us ski-town folk just really like our alcohol.
Head over here for the full list.
· Roadsnacks [Official Site]
· Website ranks Aspen as Colorado's 'drunkest city' [Aspen Daily News]
· Mapping the 25 Best Après-Ski Spots in North America [Curbed Ski]
· Hey Ski Bums, Here Are the 29 Best Dive Bars in Ski Country [Curbed Ski]