clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Homeowner Accidentally Blinds Pilot With Holiday Light Display

New, 2 comments

A Coast Guard pilot was recently forced to send out a distress call after being temporarily blinded by a Sacramento homeowner's Star Shower Laser Light, one of those laser light shows that you can project onto your home in lieu of hanging up Christmas lights. The pilot ended up being okay, but the experience sounds completely terrifying, and aviation experts warn that being hit in the eye with a laser for even a second could cause permanent laser damage. So, you know, be careful with your holiday laser light shows, everybody.
· A Widely Sold Home Holiday Decoration Just Blinded a Pilot [City Lab, via Consumerist]