'Twas a big year at Curbed.com. We covered everything from the stellar, painstaking renovation of a Brooklyn brownstone, to the winner of the 2015 Pritzker Prize, Frei Otto, decorating tips for small spaces, rad prefab homes you can buy right now at this very moment (and even more that won't break the bank), cities, urbanism, and the funniest, weirdest, most out-of-this-world design ideas we saw.
10. Meet Syd Mead, the Artist Who Illustrates the Future
A primer on artist Syd Mead, whose work was the inspiration behind Blade Runner and more futuristic cinema.
9. Impressive Tiny House Built for Under $30K Fits Family of 3
Our readers loved ingenious or flat-out novel tiny home solutions and this one, for a family of 3, was a crowd favorite.
8. Here Come 10,000 Ikea Flatpack Refugee Shelters
Everyone loves to hear about what Ikea is up to. And this story surfaced in a year where refugees fleeing strife in Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq were front and center in the news.
7. Floyd Mayweather's 'Big Boy Mansion' Is the Most Ridiculous Mansion
From our Flipped column—debuted this year!—came this gem about boxer Floyd Mayweather's mansion, which has its own Instagram account. Take a look.
6. Groovy New Tiny House with Full-Size Appliances Can Sleep 8
More tiny home eye candy!
5. This Beautiful, Terrifying House Is Literally Inside a Cliff
This was about a yet-to-be-realized building in a unique location and readers ate it up. It's true: the house is beautiful, absolutely terrifying, and would be built inside a cliff.
4. Why The World Is Obsessed With Midcentury Modern Design
From the Curbed Features desk came this gem, which landed about the time of the series finale of Mad Men, which can be (at least partially) credited with the resurgence of the MCM aesthetic. It's a great read.
3. 5 Impressive Tiny Houses You Can Order Right Now
A shoppable guide to tiny houses, everyone's favorite love-it or love-to-hate-it residential design trend.
2. 5 Affordable Modern Prefab Houses You Can Buy Right Now
A guide to relatively inexpensive prefab homes available for interested buyers. Some of these are gorgeous.
And last, but certainly not least, just-plain-cool prefab houses you can buy right now (should your bank account allow). Take a look!