It's the end of December and thus, time to make up a bunch of awards for the best, worst and most absurd things that happened in Cape & Islands' real estate, architecture and neighborhoods. Here now, your 2015 Curbed Awards.
What did Curbed's readers love in 2015? The biggest stories of the year were mostly about tiny spaces, with quite a few sharks swimming around as well. In other words, the more things change, the more they stay the same (see: 2014). Here now, the 10 most read stories of 2015.
10. Adorable Little Truro Cottage Lists for $125K
Wee! This 192 square-foot cottage isn't the tiniest space we've featured, but it's definitely one of the cutest.
9. Here's the New Most Expensive Manse on Martha's Vineyard
Located in Edgartown Village, this circa 1840 Greek Revival with a hefty $15,950,000 price tag was renovated and expanded in 2006 by architect Patrick Ahearn, notable for this year's HGTV's Dream Home and numerous luxury properties across the Vineyard.
8. Watch the Cape Cod Beach Rescue of Jameson, a Stranded Great White Shark
In addition to a beach blanket, sunglasses, sunscreen, and money for the ice cream truck, Cape Cod beachgoers should always remember to bring along an empty bucket, just in case a shark washes ashore and requires assistance.
7. Ferry Service Between NYC, Nantucket Is Happening (Sort Of)
New York City to Nantucket by ferry? Indeed!
6. 550 Square Foot Sandwich Cottage Squeezes In Two Bedrooms
Less was more on the Upper Cape in this year-round house with walkability.
5. Feast Your Eyes On Cape Cod's First New Oceanfront Cottage Colony in More Than 50 Years
These new-build homes aren't tiny, but you might be able to see some sharks from the beach (or not).
4. Season's First Great White Shark Spotted Off Orleans
Someone had to be first.
3. Inside the Tiniest Cottage For Rent on Cape Cod
What's not to love about squeezing into 162 square feet for $678/week?
2. See a Cape Cod Seal's Great Escape From a Great White Shark
Yet another epic video by way of the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy, this one titled "White Shark 0: Seal 1 - Cape Cod."
1. Inside the Smallest Cottage For Sale on Nantucket
Curbed readers loved all 558 square feet of this little -- for the Grey Lady -- house, exposed beams included.