Italian luxury automobile brand Maserati is setting up a month-long installation in Aspen where visitors and locals will be able to take its all-wheel drive sedans out for a (controlled) spin. Starting Feb. 12 and running through March 8, for its second year Maserati has partnered with several Aspen and Snowmass hotels (think the Ritz-Carlton Club, the Viceroy Snowmass, and the Westin Snowmass) to get even more high-end autos out on Aspen's streets.
Maserati's Quattroporte and Ghibli sport sedans are available for test drives and both come with Q4 intelligent all-wheel drive system and a twin-turbocharged V6 engine, putting out up to 404 horsepower. Maserati representatives will be there to help though, so dial back any fantasies of challenging Bogner-clad billionaires to drag races. If, even after the test drive, more Italian opulence is necessary, head to The Sky Hotel's 39 Degrees bar in Aspen where the pop-up Maserati Après Ski Lounge will be held for the month. To avoid any mishaps that might occur when parking a vehicle that might cost as much as $140,000 in snow-filled street spots, Curbed Ski recommends the valet. Don't forget to tip like you own it. Sound like something you'd be into? Register online for a test drive.
· Maserati Aspen [Official site]
· Aspen Skiing Co. Is Open to Acquiring Out-of-State Ski Areas [Curbed Ski]
· The 18 Hot Spots for Eating & Drinking in Aspen, Jan. '15 [Curbed Ski]
· The 10 Most Architecturally Surprising Ski Homes Right Now [Curbed Ski]
· Ringo Starr's Aspen Ranch Needs Work, Wants $3.85 Million [Curbed Ski]