Vail: the perennial winner of awards and accolades, the home of Blue Sky Basin, our favorite faux-Bavarian pedestrian village, and home to this magnificent $30 million ski-in/ski-out home perched high on the slopes. Named Home of The Year by Mountain Living Magazine in 2010, this 11,509 square foot modern-rustic mansion brings the outdoor in with the drama of the 42-foot high glass entry hall framing forested views. The grand entryway tapers into more intimate living spaces including seven-bedrooms, nine-bathrooms, and diverse living spaces featuring nature-heavy rock walls, rich wooden beams and a color palette full of creams and browns. Other highlights include the birch tree furnishings, a bold rock-crystal chandelier in the entryway, and raw wooden table and bar tops. The home also boasts some local history from the town, first incorporated in 1964; according to the listing, the floor plan retains "memories" of the original 1962 structure. You can't tell now, but this was one of the Vail Valley's first homes.
· 107 Rockledge Road [Official Listing]
· Vail Resort [Official Site]
· The 18 Best Hot Spots for Eating & Drinking in Vail, Feb '15 [Curbed Ski]
· 10 Fast Facts On The Ski Industry's Biggest Player: Vail Resorts [Curbed Ski]
· Colorado Boosts Vail Resorts' Profits, Tahoe Lags Behind [Curbed Ski]