One of Curbed Ski's favorite architecture firms, the Bay Area-based Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, has designed new ski-in/ski-out residences and town homes currently under construction in Lake Tahoe's Mountainside Northstar community. Urban dwellers probably know BCJ as the lead architect for Apple Inc.'s stores worldwide, but we love the firm's modern take on ski classics (just check out this see-through Park City pool). In Northstar, the architects have tackled six single-family homes and 11 town homes called the Stellar Collection. Ranging from 2,100 to 3,400 square feet with Townhomes starting at $2,065,000 and the residences starting at $3,395,000, each dwelling incorporates indoor/outdoor living, ski gear rooms, and upscale, modern finishes. But don't expect lots of old-timey timber or terrifying taxidermy in these temples to all things sleek. Says Gregory Mottola, principal of BCJ's San Francisco office, the designs are are for "an 'alpine modern' home…influenced by contemporary European mountain living."
· Bohlin Cywinski Jackson [Official Site]
· Mountainside Northstar [Official Site]
· NYC Apartment Goes Wild With 200 Taxidermied Animals [Curbed Ski]
· Ten Sexy Ski Homes That Prove Modern is the Next Big Thing [Curbed Ski]
· See-Through Park City Pool Let's You Swim In the Trees [Curbed Ski]
· Angled Canadian Chalet Updates Traditional Lodge Design [Curbed Ski]