This $9.5M modern ski lodge leaves nothing to be desired. Most notably the location of this 9,926 square-foot home is situated directly between Park City and Canyons resorts, positioned to benefit from Vail Resorts proposed $50 million improvement plan connecting the two resorts expected to be completed by the 2015/16 ski season if approved. Designed by Jean-Yves Lacroix, second-generation chalet builder and son of famous Daniel Lacroix of Skis Lacroix, the lodge melds with the outdoors through the use of natural materials such as stone, metal, glass and barnwood in a modern design.
The six-bedroom, eight-bath chalet features an open floor plan with Nano doors in the main living area allowing for indoor/outdoor living. Highlights of this very ski-centric build include mountain views, two outdoor fireplaces, five indoor fireplaces, a mud-room complete with ski lockers, large steel beams reminiscent of a ski lodge, radiant heat, and a large steel Japanese soaking tub not unlike a traditional Onsen. Which, if you ask us, looks like an ideal ending to the day after skiing what's slated to be the largest resort in the United States.
· 21 Canyon Court, Park City, Utah, 84060 [Zillow]
· 21 Canyon Court [Luxury Real Estate]
· Rare Historic Aspen Cottage Hits Market for $17.9 Million [Curbed Ski]
· What It Means To Ski in a Vail-Dominated World [Curbed Ski]
· Park City-Canyons Gondola Is One Vote Closer to Reality [Curbed Ski]