Oprah is auctioning off a bunch of things from her Water Tower condo in Chicago, which she listed for $7.75M early last year and eventually took off the market. Leslie Hindman Auctioneers will auction off exactly 571 of Oprah's fancy fancy sundries, including English, French, and Continental furniture, lots of porcelain and crystal things, and some clothing and accessories (whether worn by Oprah is right now unspecified). Currently, we know what 14 of those items are. Also, where they stand in our completely objective Oprah-auction ranking system.
Proceeds will support The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation, which supports the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls, which supports the official unofficial Oprah mission to take over the world. Just kidding! (Sort of.)
Earlier this month Oprah announced that this year she would be closing Harpo Studios, where The Oprah Winfrey Show was filmed, meaning it's a hard month for Oprah—she's losing her studio and her flora danica soup tureen.
Without further ado.
14. George I Giltwood Console Table
13. Robert Emmett Owen, Hillsdale Farm
12. Albert Bertalan, Cubist House
11. Austrian Giltwood Cartel Clock
10. Russian Parcel Gilt Simulated Burlwood Gueridon
9. William H. Clapp, Summer Afternoon
8. Russian Empire Style Parcel Gilt Tabouret
7. Flora Danica Soup Tureen
6. Jane Sutherland, Flowers and Magazines
5. Pair of Famille Verte Porcelain Vases and Covers
4. Francis Coates Jones, The Edge of the Pool
3. Hovsep Pushman, The Little Mother
2. Jorg and Olif Bicycle
1. Maude Earl, Dogs in Snow
The auction / not actually free "you get a car" moment will take place April 25 at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers' Chicago salesroom.