Originally constructed as "a respite for Philadelphia's elite and intelligentsia" in the 1920s, The Palmer is now primed for its reincarnation as a luxury apartment complex. Designed by famed Philadelphia architect Horace Trumbauer, the structure opened in 1922 as Green Hill Farms Hotel. The Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary later converted the resort into classrooms and dormitories in 1939, and added a chapel in 1951. In 2012, Cross Properties purchased the building, and placed it on the National Register of Historic Places. After a $35 million adaptive reuse and redevelopment of the eight-acre property, the 120,000-square-foot complex is set for its grand opening at the beginning of May.