There was once a world where the physical superseded the digital, and pneumatic tubes were integral to banal but groundbreaking services like drive-thru banking and the delivery of documents in offices. If you long for those halcyon days (or want to pretend you're Katniss Everdeen ascending into the Hunger Games), we want to direct your attention to this 1,608-square-foot condo in Telluride on the market for $1.5 million. In addition to the updated finishings, clean lines and amenities that come with most properties in the price range, this four-bedroom, 4.5-bath condo has a small, cylindrical clear elevator (i.e. what looks like a person-sized pneumatic tube) in the middle of its living room. Hop on the lift, and it transports you from the steel, walnut and cherry wood below up into — apparently — the hull of schooner. Is that a porthole? Maybe, but this top level also a deck with a pretty amazing view. Best of both worlds.
· Telluride Mountain Properties [Listing broker]
· 471A W Pacific Ave [Zillow]
· Live in Downtown Telluride For Under $600,000 [Curbed Ski]
· The Ten Ski Towns You Can't Miss This Winter [Curbed Ski]
· $39M Telluride Manse Pays Homage to All Things Contemporary [Curbed Ski]