Recent residential architecture completed across Southeast Asia just goes to show the beauty of taking advantage of what you have. Dealing with a tropical climate, that is to say hot and humid with lots of rainfall, the region unsurprisingly loves very indoor/outdoor abodes, emphasizing great natural light and ventilation. Specifically, this might mean incorporating perforated brick walls or bamboo roofs, not to mention a healthy dose of more traditional sun-showered courtyards. It all makes for some rather intriguing residences.
· 8 Homes That Make a Case for Perforated Façades [Curbed]
· 18 Awesome Ways to Build a House with Windows for Walls [Curbed]
· 10 Cookout-Ready Homes to Swoon Over Right Now [Curbed]
· 16 Sublime Getaway Homes Promising Everlasting Summer [Curbed]
· 7 Striking Modern Homes That Spin Out in Different Directions [Curbed]