The newly announced Sun Valley 2015-16 ski season nonstop flight schedule features direct flights from Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Seattle, with a 13 percent increase in available seats over last season. The majority of the increased seats will be offered during the busy holiday season. The expanded service includes Alaska Airlines adding a second Seattle flight over the holidays, United increasing the Denver flights in peak season from two flights per week to five flights per week, and Delta increasing the frequency of its third daily flight from Salt Lake City.
This announcement reflects a welcome trend for visitors and locals in which Sun Valley has continually ramped up direct flights year-over-year with an impressive 46 percent increase during the past three years. Direct flights arrive at Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey, Idaho, a short 14-mile drive to the base of Sun Valley Resort ... weather permitting.
· SEA-SUN: Daily from Dec. 17 – March 28; additional flight Dec. 24, 26 - Jan. 3
· LAX-SUN: Daily from Dec. 17 – March 28
· SFO-SUN: Daily from Dec. 17 - March 28
· DEN-SUN: Daily from Dec. 17- March 28; Wednesday/Saturday from Jan. 4 – Feb. 7; Thursday through Monday from Feb. 8 - March 28
Delta Air Lines:
· SLC-SUN: Daily year-round; three flights daily during peak winter periods of Dec. 19 - Jan. 4
· Sun Valley Expands Nonstop Flights for 2015/16 Winter Season [Fly Sun Valley Alliance]
· Quaint Creekside Ketchum Home Could Be Yours for $1.5 Million [Curbed Ski]
· Take a Peek Inside Newly-Renovated Sun Valley Lodge [Curbed Ski]