After a high mark of $9.5 million in 2011, this 35-acre ranchette in Basalt owned by Dean Cain, of Lois & Clark and Ripley's Believe It or Not! fame, has seen its price slide to the current listing of $5.4 million. The 4,399-square-foot home has five bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and with a river rock and timber interior that's pretty standard for Colorado ranches — it might even be described as modest for a TV star like Cain, who is still recognizable enough to guest star as himself. One reason for the low-key digs is if, as Variety reported in 2013, this house is just the companion to a larger, grander, as-yet-unbuilt home. The property is certainly scenic enough, with a quarter-mile of river frontage, that two homes would be easy to fill with guests.
· 1207 Hooks Spur Rd [Realtor.com listing]
· Dean Cain's Colorado Ranch Needs a Hero to Come to the Rescue [Realtor.com]
· Dean Cain Does It Again in the Roaring Fork Valley [Variety]
· Come Tour Olympic Skier Bode Miller's New Horse Racing Barn [Curbed Ski]
· Billionaire Bill Koch Relists Aspen's Priciest House at $100M [Curbed Ski]