Aspen Highlands' popular on-mountain dining spot, Cloud Nine, saw an upgrade before this season officially kicked off thanks to one of our favorite Colorado architecture and design firms, Rowland+Broughton. Rowland+Broughton completely overhauled the interior of the alpine cabin, expanding the dining room capacity, improving the back-of-house area and breathing new life into a space that's seen plenty of love through the years.
Rowland+Broughton and Aspen Skiing Co. celebrated the reopening of Cloud Nine in mid-December with, fittingly, Champagne. Frequent guests of the European-style bistro should expect the same Swiss fare just with an attractive new interior. The bistro's exterior remains the same except a slightly updated sign. Lunch reservations are already filling up fast.
· Rowland+Broughton [Official site]
· Cloud Nine [Official site]
· The Ultimate Guide to What's New at Ski Areas in 2015-2016 [Curbed Ski]
· Check Out The 13 Hotel Projects Happening In Aspen, Colorado [Curbed Ski]
· A Day of Skiing for $149? Tracking This Winter's Most Expensive Lift Tickets [Curbed Ski]