Once you’ve settled on a fir, a pine, a spruce, a cypress, or a cedar variety (artificial ones are a-okay, too!), there’s also the matter of decorating your Christmas tree—which can be a little intimidating for those without that design-minded eye.
There’s a ton of considerations to make: Should you go with white lights or colorful ones? Pack on the ornaments, or keep the tree bare? Follow a theme, or throw caution to the wind? Color-code or go rogue? Whatever path you take, your tree will be beautiful, festive, and heart-warming on the basis of its presence alone, no matter your level of skill.
Whether you only have room for a spindly one-footer, or are lucky enough to be able to accommodate a towering one, here are 20 glorious trees (plus a bonus!) from interior design professionals, to regular folk to inspire your own decorating endeavors. Spoiler alert: Hygge is real.
2. Green and red trim make this tree an instant classic.
3. Fewer ornaments allow your tree to breathe.
4. This one’s even sparser but charming nonetheless, like Charlie Brown’s tree.
5. Hygge AF.
6. Rose gold accents elevate this tree to new heights.
7. Look at this hefty cutie.
8. Let it snow!
9. The fuller the better.
10. A strong case for getting an artificial tree.
11. Beribboned and bonny.
12. Just add presents.
13. What’s stopping you from putting a mini tree in your bedroom?
14. Heck, why not make it three?
15. These paper flowers are so extra, but in the best way.
16. Do I spy a starfish?
17. This tabletop tree is darlin’.
18. The pink and teal baubles!
19. Sometimes bare is beautiful.
20. The one is drippingly gorgeous. Plus a bird for a topper—brilliant!
Bonus: What are you thoughts on upside-down trees?