Welcome to Curbed Comparisons, a weekly column that explores what one can rent for a set dollar amount in various cities across the U.S. Is one man's studio another man's townhouse? Let's find out! Today's price: $2,100/month.
↑ Milwaukee, WI (2 beds, 2 baths)—Luxury, high-tech living is on offer at this brand-new 1,200-square-foot apartment in Milwaukee's Lower East Side neighborhood. In addition to quartz countertops, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a large cedar deck off a bedroom, the unit also comes fitted with a Nest thermostat operable via a smartphone.
↑ San Mateo, CA (Studio, 1 bath)—Lest you thought rentals would be affordable once outside of San Francisco proper, here's a $2,100/month studio in San Mateo, which is about a 30-minute drive from S.F. (without traffic...) It's less a true studio than a room in a house, though, offering access to a nice shared kitchen, pool, and laundry facilities.
↑ Buffalo, NY (2 beds, 1.5 baths)—This 990-square-foot unit in Buffalo's Bryant neighborhood is in fact a penthouse with expansive windows fronting the open-plan living, dining, kitchen areas. The rental indulges in hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, and a bit of mirror decor.
↑ Portland, OR (3 beds, 1 bath)—How cute is this '40s cottage in Inner Southeast Portland? The 1,800-square-foot abode featuring built-ins and a vintage kitchen comes with a huge yard lined with mature redwood, oak, cedar, and pine trees.
↑ Boise, ID (2 beds, 2 baths)—Scenic open-plan living awaits at this 1,470-square-foot apartment overlooking Boise's Barber Valley. The high-ceilinged unit includes a loft with a potential third bedroom, and access to community facilities like pools, tennis courts, walking trails, and a community garden.
- Rent in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin: What $2,500/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Detroit, Boston, Washington D.C.: $1,400/Month Can Get You Everything From a Tiny House to a Giant Loft [Curbed]
- In New York City, Los Angeles, and More, How Much $1,700/Month Will Rent You Right Now[Curbed]
- In San Antonio, St. Louis, and More, How Much $900/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- In Houston, Denver, and More, How Much $1,500/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- All Curbed Comparisons posts [Curbed]