Welcome to Curbed Comparisons, a weekly column that explores what one can rent for a set dollar amount in various cities across the U.S. Is one man's studio another man's townhouse? Let's find out! Today's price: $1,800/month.
↑ Richmond, VA (2 beds, 1 bath)—Located near Virginia Commonwealth University, this 1,400-square-foot apartment is on the third floor of a circa-1800s building. In addition to the top of the bay window turret, you'll get a couple of fireplaces and updated stainless steel appliances.
↑ New Haven, CT (2 beds, 1 bath)—This "loft" apartment in downtown New Haven flaunts hardwood floors throughout, plus skylights, exposed brick in the kitchen and bathroom, and an antique claw-foot tub. Better yet, the rent includes laundry.
↑ Boulder, CO (1 bed, 1 bath)—Coming fully furnished, this 945-square-foot unit in southeast Boulder features an open floor plan with patio access. The amenity-rich apartment complex includes parking, a pool, clubhouse, and workout room.
↑ Bloomington, IN (4 beds, 2 baths)—Highlights of this 3,000-square-foot house are bamboo floors, a jacuzzi tub, bright red fireplace, and updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. Located to the south of Indiana University Bloomington, the house is in a quiet, residential area and includes a backyard with woodland and creek views.
↑ Las Vegas, NV (2 beds, 2 baths)—This furnished 974-square-foot pad is clearly a fan of the flashy mirrors-as-decor trend, but would you expect anything else from an apartment complex located a 10 minute walk from the Strip? The pad includes a covered patio, and access to two pools and spas.
- Rent in San Diego, D.C., Charleston: What $4,500/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Portland, Buffalo, Milwaukee: What $2,100/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin: What $2,500/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Detroit, Boston, Washington D.C.: $1,400/Month Can Get You Everything From a Tiny House to a Giant Loft [Curbed]
- In New York City, Los Angeles, and More, How Much $1,700/Month Will Rent You Right Now[Curbed]
- In San Antonio, St. Louis, and More, How Much $900/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- In Houston, Denver, and More, How Much $1,500/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- All Curbed Comparisons posts [Curbed]