Welcome to Curbed Comparisons, a weekly column that explores what one can rent for a set dollar amount in various cities across the U.S. Is one man's studio another man's townhouse? Let's find out! Today's price: $4,500/month.
↑ Washington, DC ( 1 bed, 2 baths)—This 1,149-square-foot "penthouse" (of a three-story building) in D.C.'s very hot Logan Circle area has an artsy, industrial-chic feel with 14-foot ceilings, track lighting, exposed brick and concrete, hardwood floors, and built-ins. Better yet is the spiral staircase that leads to an indoor kitchenette and then a 800-square-foot private (!) roof terrace. (Not doing it for you? Here are five more D.C. rentals at this price point.)
↑ San Diego, CA ( 2 beds, 2 baths)—Panoramic ocean views are abound in this 1,200-square-foot apartment right across the street from a public park and beaches. The remodeled unit with new electric appliances and hardwood floors also includes a patio entertainment area.
↑ Charleston, SC ( 3 beds, 2.5 baths)—Located in a super walkable part of town, this charming ivy-covered brick townhouse fits three bedrooms in 1,472 square feet. The main floor has open-plan living, dining, and kitchen areas, and a door out tot the private courtyard.
↑ Salt Lake City, Utah ( 4 beds, 3 baths)—It's not often you see a pad with sweeping views of the entire Salt Lake City valley. Well, this 2,500-square-foot apartment offers just that, and the vantage point is taken full advantage of with a long stretch of decking along the main living areas.
↑ Carmel, CA ( 3 beds, 2.5 baths)—Every room of this 2,030-square-foot retreat in the hills by NorCal's charming beach town, Carmel-by-the-Sea, has access to a wrap-around deck with expansive valley views. The living area also features a brick fireplace.
- Rent in Portland, Buffalo, Milwaukee: What $2,100/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin: What $2,500/Month Can Get You Right Now [Curbed]
- Rent in Detroit, Boston, Washington D.C.: $1,400/Month Can Get You Everything From a Tiny House to a Giant Loft [Curbed]
- In New York City, Los Angeles, and More, How Much $1,700/Month Will Rent You Right Now[Curbed]
- In San Antonio, St. Louis, and More, How Much $900/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- In Houston, Denver, and More, How Much $1,500/Month Will Rent You Right Now [Curbed]
- All Curbed Comparisons posts [Curbed]