Location: Chanhassen, Minnesota
Sumptuous modern lakeside living awaits in this 2012-built contemporary in Minnesota, which is further proof that the state known for its nice folks also has some pretty nice architecture. Designed by noted Minneapolis-based architect Christian Dean, the four-bedroom home comes with 182 feet of water frontage along the the fully-recreational Lake Lotus—"Waterski, fish, or paddle right out of your back door this summer!" as the listing boasts.
Measuring 3,515 square feet, the house is rather reserved on the front, but bares its entire back to the lake with extensive floor-to-ceiling windows and multiple terraces. The main floor offers an open-plan living and dining area with motorized shades and clerestory windows, sleek contemporary kitchen (hello walk-in pantry!), master suite with heated floors in the bathroom, and a neat screened porch. The lower level contains a family room that also has fab lake views and heated floors, plus three more bright bedrooms. Outside, the nearly one-acre property includes a dock, sandy beach, and fire pit.
- 6651 Chanhassen Rd [Sotheby's]
- Stunning Midcentury Architecture In Minnesota You Haven't Seen Before [Curbed]
- Mapping Minnesota's History of Bold Architecture and Design [Curbed]
- House Calls: A Weaver's Small But Vivacious Bungalow in St. Paul [Curbed]
- 18 of the Most Drop-Dead Gorgeous Houses for Sale in 2015 [Curbed]