Welcome to Curbed Comparisons, a column that explores what one can rent for a set dollar amount in various cities across the U.S. Is one person's studio another's townhouse? Let's find out! Today's price: $10,000/month.
↑ Kennebunk, ME (8 beds, 5.5 bath)—Sitting pretty between a beach and wildlife refuge, this '50s home features a charming front deck, wood-paneled living area with brick fireplace, and so many bedrooms...for a 4,019-square-foot house anyway.
↑ Laguna Beach, CA (4 beds, 2.5 baths)—Located a few blocks from the beach, this renovated 1,500-square-foot cottage comes newly furnished in what the listing calls a "Restoration Hardware vibe." The property also includes a detached studio and dreamy outdoor entertaining area.
↑ Washington, DC (5 beds, 3.5 bath)—This stately 4,150-square-foot townhouse in Northwest D.C. has all the frills you'd expect—fancy fireplaces, arched doorways, an intricate staircase, and then some. The kitchen and powder room were totally redone in 2014.
↑ Scottsdale, AZ (5 beds, 9 baths)—Spread over 8,700 square feet, this gated desert estate definitely lives large. There are travertine floors and cantera columns, a kitchen with more cabinets that you'd know what to do with, extensive outdoor living areas and pool, plus a few kid-friendly themed surprises.
↑ Stamford, CT (5 beds, 5.5 baths)—The question here is, what doesn't this 1865 Victorian have? Once a landmark local inn, highlights of the 7,059-square-foot home include: a wrap-around porch, private beach access, revamped modern kitchen, charming brick terrace, and restored details throughout.
- What $1,200/Month Can Get You Right Now in San Francisco, Boston, Denver [Curbed]
- What $1,500/Month Can Get You Right Now in Detroit, Tucson, Pittsburgh [Curbed]
- What $800/Month Can Get Your Right Now in Philly, Denver, New Orleans [Curbed]
- What $950/Month Can Get You Right Now in Chicago, Portland, Austin [Curbed]
- What $1,100/Month Can Get You Right Now in Houston, Phoenix, Philly [Curbed]
- What $8,200/Month Can Get You Right Now in NYC, San Francisco, L.A. [Curbed]
- What $4,500/Month Can Get You Right Now in San Diego, D.C., Charleston [Curbed]