This Birmingham, Alabama two-bedroom is on the market for $229,999, for sale by owner, which you probably could have surmised from the rather lengthy and unprofessional-sounding listing description. But more professional realtor's could stand to take a page out of this guy's book, but his listing is a delight. Some highlights:
- "The master bath has a stand-up shower. Would you rather take a bath? The second bathroom has a tub/shower combo. Start a bath and switch to a shower if you are indecisive."
- "Beat the birds to pick blueberries from the bush, or pick rosemary. Find a creative recipe that uses blueberries and rosemary. The point is that they are there and have somehow survived."
- " The basement has plenty of storage for all the stuff that you pack up and move and are planning on going through one day. Tell your mom the home has a basement 'in case of storms' and she will almost certainly nod in approval."
- "Take your child to the Creative Montessori School or just toss them over the fence in the backyard to get them there quicker because you are running behind because getting a kid ready in a timely fashion is difficult. (Disclaimer: Don't throw kids)."
- "Worried about your soul? Walk to church at Dawson Baptist or Trinity Methodist depending on the age you were baptized. If that isn't your style, the home is convenient to 280, downtown Birmingham, and the interstate so you can go to the faith of your choosing. I don't care."
Jay Reeves probably sums it up best:
The first real estate listing I've ever read that both advises against throwing kids & is ambivalent about religion. https://t.co/oRgDSvOnow— Jay Reeves (@Jay_Reeves) May 18, 2016
• 1617 28th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35209 [Zillow]