In a few days Amazon is bringing back Prime Day, its own Black Friday of sorts in July, for the third year. Although the main event is on Tuesday, July 11, Prime members can actually begin shopping hundreds of thousands of deals (with new ones launching every five minutes) on Monday, July 10 at 9 p.m. EST.
But even before that, there are several lead up deals to take advantage of (if you don’t already have a Prime account, now’s a great time to sign up for a free trial). So what can you shop in the meantime? Below, we highlight the best lead up deals worth checking out now.
And, of course, don’t forget to check back on July 11. We’ll once again round up the best home goods deals to score on Prime Day, with updates throughout the event.
Now through July 9, save 20 percent on select home installation, replacement, or assembly services. Amazon Home Services are useful for a variety of tasks like assembling new furniture, scheduling a plumber, house cleaning, and even iPhone repairs. Of course, there are top-selling products you can buy that are tied to a home service—see our picks below.
- Elle Decor Queen Tufted Headboard, $196
- Electro_BP Vintage Metal Chandelier, $109.99
- Ameriwood Home Carson TV Stand, $69 (currently the best-selling TV stand on Amazon)
To score these savings, simply choose the option to include the service with your product purchase before you add it to cart, and you’ll see the discount reflected at checkout.
Until July 11, Prime members can get up to 40 percent off a Kindle Unlimited membership to enjoy unlimited reading from over one million titles on any device. These include thousands of e-books in the Crafts, Hobbies & Home and Travel categories. (Kindles themselves are now on sale as well: Get $45 off the Kindle Essentials Bundle through July 10, $50 off the Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle through July 8, and $75 off the Kindle Voyage Essentials Bundle through July 10.)
You can expect big discounts on Amazon’s own smart home devices like the Echo and Echo Dot smart speakers on Prime Day (like we saw last year). But in the meantime, Amazon’s streaming music service is offering its best deal ever: four months of on-demand music service with access to tens of millions of songs for $0.99. This deal ends July 11.
Finally, here’s a preview of the furniture and home deals you can expect—while supplies last—when Prime Day launches at 9 p.m. EST on Monday, July 10.
- Zinus 12-Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress (Queen), $209.30 (30 percent off)
- LinenSpa 8-inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress (Twin), $69.29 (28 percent off)
- Ashley Furniture Mestler Sofa Table, $187.10 (31 percent off)
- Ashley Furniture Challiman Bar Stool (Set of 2), $55.51 (37 percent off)
- Modway Engage Upholstered Sofa, Expectation Gray, $655.38 (30 percent off)
- Modway Remark Armchair, Gray, $164.92 (41 percent off)